Even though outlook is already an easy to use, user friendly platform that has specifically designed each of its features as per users need but still to make the experience more worth it online, outlook provides several shortcuts. Hotmail provides several keyboard shortcuts as well that are designed to make user experience easy and worth on Hotmail. There are many Hotmail keyboard shortcuts that a user may use in day to day Hotmail use but some of the important ones are shortcut for navigation between views, moving between the panes, scroll between open messages, searching and moving through mails right with the keyboard.
Navigate between different views
- Ctrl + 2 (Windows): Used to go to Calendar view
- Ctrl + 3 (Windows): Used to go to Contacts view
- Ctrl + 4 (Windows): Used to go to Tasks view
- Ctrl + 5 (Windows): Used to go to Notes view
- Ctrl + 6 (Windows): Used to go to Folder list
- Ctrl + 7 (Windows): Used to go to Shortcuts view
And to go back home to the main mail screen:
- Ctrl + 1 (Windows): Helps you return back to the Mail view
- To move between the folders pane, Outlook pane, and reading pane, hold down Ctrl + Shift + Tab (Windows) to toggle between them. For Macs, it’s a little different. Use Tab to move forward through boxes in a dialog box, and use Shift + Tab to move back through boxes in a dialog box.
- Ctrl + . (Windows): Display the next message
- Ctrl + ,(Windows): Display the previous message
- Ctrl + E (Windows): Jump to the search box: Do a basic search
- Alt + arrow up or down (Windows): Quickly move between messages